HSG Market Insight provides health systems with inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory market share calculations that they’ve always wanted but have never been able to calculate. These market share calculations are available at the health system, service line, specialty or procedure level for an entire market.
This allows health systems to answer such questions as:
- What percentage of colonoscopy volume do we capture in our market?
- What percentage of primary care visits in our market are performed by our
- How many imaging studies are done at our facility versus free-standing centers in
- What cases are being performed at the Ambulatory Surgery Centers in our
HSG Market Insight is executed through a three-step process focused on the following:
• Identifying the type of Visit or Procedure our client wants to understand better
• Defining the providers in the market performing those services
• Identifying where those visits or procedures took place. With those three data
points, HSG can calculate a market share figure for any metric that a health system
wants to measure on an ongoing basis