As the ACA implementation continues, hospital revenue will be increasingly affected by quality and outcomes. Initiatives such as Value-Based Purchasing, CPOE, and the Readmissions Reduction Program require that hospitals work closely with physicians to provide high quality care. At the same time, many organizations are experiencing enormous practice losses on their physician networks, especially on high-salaried specialists. As a result, hospitals and health systems will need to revisit their employed physician compensation models to align goals and incentives with new industry initiatives and reimbursement schemes.
During this one-hour webinar, HSG Partner Neal Barker and attorney Jeff Kapp, partner at Jones Day in Cleveland, Ohio, cover:
- What the Affordable Care Act holds for providers and the government’s points of emphasis in 2014.
- What areas and metrics will impact hospital and physician reimbursement this year.
- How to establish a physician compensation model that reflects this new environment, aligns goals and incentives, can be changed as the healthcare environment changes, better reflects payers’ value/payment for the service and minimizes practice losses.
- Legal parameters for structuring/restructuring employed physician compensation models.
- Practical tips for maintaining a stable contractual relationship, while retaining the flexibility to make adjustments.