|Download a PDF Version of the Slides to Share With Your Team|
What & When
2020/2021: Provider Compensation Lessons for Today and Tomorrow
Recorded Live and Hosted by American Health Law Association on Thursday January 27th, 2022
During the webinar, we will first review the challenges brought to provider compensation models, physician and advance practice provider contracting, and fair market value determination in 2020 and 2021 by 2020’s COVID-19 pandemic and 2021’s Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (2021 MPFS). This review includes:
- Presenting sample compensation, wRVU, and compensation per wRVU survey data by specialty that will illustrate how survey data based on 2020 is outside the norm and creates challenges in FMV determination, as well as the initial structuring of provider compensation models.
- Presenting CMS and blinded client data related to increased wRVU production by specialty to illustrate the impact of the 2021 MPFS changes on wRVU generation and wRVU production-based compensation models.
- Discussing the disconnect between wRVU increases and reimbursement increases that must be accounted for to maintain sustainability.
- Discussing what our clients are doing to their provider compensation models in response the changes to the 2021 MPFS. Highlighting the three basic approaches they can implement.
Next, we will outline potential approaches to fair market value determination, despite the challenges discussed, and will recommend an approach we believe is best, and which approaches we believe are problematic.
Finally, we will end the webinar with providing our view of seven (7) provider compensation lessons 2020’s COVID-19 pandemic and 2021’s Medicare Physician Fee Schedule taught us as we consider provider contracting and compensation fair market value determination.
- Neal Barker, HSG Partner
- Beth Simpson, HSG Senior Manager