Building an exceptional hospital service line allows an organization to better serve its patients and differentiate itself in the market. HSG can drive that process by building hospital service lines on a foundation of strong physician capabilities, accessibility, integration of care models, and seamless experiences for patients.
That type of planning requires strong physician engagement and involvement. Through that engagement, you will build a common vision among physicians and executives of the service line, the desires of patients and the clinical experience needed for success.
Elements of our approach include:
- Evaluation of patient expectations and factors that will differentiate the hospital and its service line.
- Physician capabilities needed to compete in the market, and gaps in your current compliment.
- Number of physicians and access points needed to best serve patients and drive the volume required to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Assessment of inpatient and outpatient market share.
- Use of HSG’s Physician Network Integrity Analytics® to complete a detailed assessment of referral patterns and retention of patients from closely aligned physicians, at the CPT level, to define opportunities for both volume growth of existing services and clinical service expansion.
- Support services that must be developed to drive success.
- Definition of physician engagement for the long term and how they will drive clinical improvements required for success.
- Development of detailed financial projections, including capital budgets.
- Development of detailed action plans to drive implementation, including the actions, the owner of each action, timelines, resources required, and expected benefits, both financial and other.
HSG’s plans will offer a clear roadmap to success as you build your hospital service lines. Call Travis Ansel at (502) 814-118 to discuss your interests.
RELATED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
“Wabash General Hospital has dramatically benefited from the services that HSG has provided as part of our strategic growth planning initiatives. HSG offered credible insights into patient capture opportunities that currently exist in our market. We leveraged that information to enhance our physician alignment, physician recruitment, and geographic growth opportunities for our primary care and orthopaedic service lines. The insights and data analytics provided by HSG helped us confidently execute our strategic growth decisions. Noticeably, HSG’s team members have a natural talent and enthusiasm for their work, which has precipitated into fruitful results for our facility.”
Andrew Kleinschmidt – Vice President, Professional Services of Wabash General Hospital