Building an exceptional hospital service line allows an organization to better serve its patients and differentiate itself in the market. HSG can drive that process by building hospital service lines on a foundation of strong physician capabilities, accessibility, integration of care models, and seamless experiences for patients.
That type of planning requires strong physician strategy and involvement. Through that engagement, you will build a common vision among physicians and executives of the service line, understand the desires of patients, and develop the clinical experience needed for success.
Elements of our approach include:
- Evaluation of patient expectations and factors that will differentiate the hospital and its service line.
- Physician capabilities needed to compete in the market, and gaps in your current complement.
- Number of physicians and access points needed to best serve patients and drive the volume required to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Assessment of inpatient and outpatient market share.
- Use of HSG’s Physician Network Integrity Analytics® to complete a detailed assessment of referral patterns and retention of patients from closely aligned physicians, at the CPT level, to define opportunities for both volume growth of existing services and clinical service expansion.
- Support services that must be developed to drive success.
- Definition of physician engagement for the long term and how they will drive clinical improvements required for success.
- Development of detailed financial projections, including capital budgets.
- Development of detailed action plans to drive implementation, including the actions, the owner of each action, timelines, resources required, and expected benefits, both financial and other.
Additional Physician Strategy Services
Physicians are key to success. Use their expertise to paint a vision and set strategic priorities
Employed Physician Network Strategy
Build a physician network strategy that supports your health system vision and strategy
Strategy focused on improving access, geographic expansion, primary care, and specialty expertise
Shared Vision and Culture Development
An employed physician network shared vision is a cornerstone for high performing networks
The right physician complement is critical to drive volume and manage populations
With over 20 years of success in healthcare consulting, we’re committed to helping medical groups achieve success through optimizing their service line strategy. Our ongoing research allows us to stay ahead of industry trends and help organizations reach their goals.
Get started with one of our consultants to optimize your network strategy.
RELATED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
“Wabash General Hospital has dramatically benefited from the services that HSG has provided as part of our strategic growth planning initiatives. HSG offered credible insights into patient capture opportunities that currently exist in our market. We leveraged that information to enhance our physician alignment, physician recruitment, and geographic growth opportunities for our primary care and orthopaedic service lines. The insights and data analytics provided by HSG helped us confidently execute our strategic growth decisions. Noticeably, HSG’s team members have a natural talent and enthusiasm for their work, which has precipitated into fruitful results for our facility.”
Andrew Kleinschmidt – Vice President, Professional Services of Wabash General Hospital