|Download a PDF copy to share with your team|
HSG’s David Miller and Travis Ansel co-authored the feature article “Cutting Losses” in the January 2020 edition of Medical Group Management Association’s (MGMA) Connection Magazine. In this article, they reveal how healthcare systems can reduce losses within employed physician networks, subsequently increasing performance and financial sustainability by focusing on these six core areas:
- Understanding the benchmark data.
- Using that data and organizational imperatives to set a dollar saving objective.
- Analyzing the data to identify the root causes of the problems.
- Verifying those insights with “boots on the ground” reviews.
- Building action plans with an eye toward the objective and improvement needed to achieve it.
- Ensuring adequate management resources are dedicated to implement the plan.
Read more articles like this at MGMA.