|Download a PDF Version of the Pre-Recorded Educational Session to Share With Your Team|
Medicare Physician Fee Schedule – 2021 Proposed Rule
Dr. Terry McWilliams provided an overview of the 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule. HSG has reviewed the 2021 proposed rule in-depth along with other publicly available insights we’ve gathered from sources such as MGMA, Sullivan Cotter, and the American Medical Association.
Throughout the pre-recorded educational session, he will provide the following:
- Overview of the Physician Fee Schedule Background,
- Summary of the Proposed 2021 Changes, and
- In-Depth Review of Significant Changes for Employed Physician Networks and the Potential Impact it may have on Your Health System
Related HSG Thought Leadership
HSG’s Neal Barker recently published an article outlining how your organization should be planning to respond to the 2021 proposed changes, specialties that are most likely to be most impacted, and walks through a few specific examples of the financial impact on physician compensation that can result from the 2021 physician fee schedule final rule.
Other Publicly Available Resources
- MGMA, Proposed 2021 Medicare Physician Payment and Quality Reporting Changes MGMA Member-Exclusive Analysis, August 14, 2020
- Sullivan Cotter, 2021 Evaluation and Management CPT Codes: Understanding the Impact on Physician Compensation. American Association for Physician Leadership News, August 6, 2020.
- American Medical Association, CPT E/M Office Revisions Level of Medical Decision Making (MDM)