HSG has been aggregating information from our clients regarding strategic and operational responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. These webinars will address key considerations that health systems should address related to their employed networks at this critical time.
What & When
Virtual Health: Long-term Strategies for Employed Physician Networks
Thursday June 11th, 2020 – 2:00pm EDT
Circumstances associated with the COVID-19 pandemic unleashed the potential of virtual care for employed networks. Many organizations implemented virtual care initiatives on the fly – or accomplished their 5-year plans in 2 weeks … but under the revised rules of engagement in effect during the COVID-19 national emergency. At this point, there is no turning back. Many of the historic barriers to virtual care have been obliterated. Strategically developing a new long term plan is required – one that recognizes the reduced patient and provider barriers, one that accounts for the predicted rollback of the CMS and commercial insurer latitude afforded during the pandemic, and one that provides a seamless transition from pandemic “crisis” into the “new normal.”
This webinar will explore these areas in detail and offer potential paths forward.
- Understand the benefits of systematically incorporating virtual care in practice care delivery models.
- Recognize that provider scheduling, compensation, and staffing norms may change.
- Identify strategies based on the anticipated future regulatory, reimbursement, and patient care environments.
- Dr. Terry McWilliams, Director and Chief Clinical Consultant
- Davis Creech, Director
- Kelle Humphries, Specialty Consultant
What & When
Advance Practice Providers: Employment, Compensation, and Utilization Models
Thursday June 25th, 2020 – 2:00pm EDT
Health systems have been hiring Advance Practice Providers (APPs) for many years. However, the traditional model of offering “at will” employment and straight salary compensation has not proven beneficial as the health care environment evolves. Similarly, hiring APPs as a strategy to fill gaps in care delivery caused by recruitment difficulties does not bear fruit unless the APPs can be effectively assimilated into the organization’s culture and care delivery models in a manner that permits reliable, top of license usage. Employment, compensation, and utilization strategies and tactics are just as important for APPs as they are for physicians – but many health systems do not approach them in the same way.
This webinar will explore effective APP employment vehicles, address comprehensive APP compensation models, and promote effective APP utilization.
- Understand the benefits of APP employment contracts.
- Recognize the need to align APP compensation with same-specialty physicians and the organizational goals and objectives.
- Focus on adjusting care delivery models to maximize the APPs’ talents and capabilities.
- Terrence McWilliams, M.D., Director and Chief Clinical Consultant
- Eric Andreoli, Director
These webinars will also been placed in our COVID-19 Resource Library, which can be found here: https://hsgadvisors.com/hsg-covid-19-daily-updates/