Service Line: Compensation
Category: Provider Compensation and Compliance at HSG
HSG’s Compensation Service Line focuses on assisting health systems and physician practices with issues and questions related to the compensation of physicians and advanced practice providers. We help our clients understand their opportunities and challenges, and work with them to develop sustainable solutions that promote market competitiveness, financial sustainability, and regulatory compliance, in areas such as Compensation Model Design and Implementation for both employed and independent providers, as well as Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness Services for transactions involving health systems and providers.
As part of HSG’s Compensation Service Line team, you will be an integral part of partnering with our clients to evaluate compensation operational and compliance-related issues. At HSG, you will utilize your skills, expertise, and experience in developing, delivering, and implementing solutions that address our client’s unique needs.
As a Senior Manager within HSG’s Compensation Service Line, you’ll be an important part of our Compensation services delivery team. You will work collaboratively with our Directors and Managers to develop client opportunities, engage clients on their needs and be a part of the day-to-day service delivery team that ensures successful outcomes for our clients.
Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Managing assigned client and engagement relationships
- Leading overall engagement management
- Leading client presentations
- Leading client deliverable development
- Providing guidance to Consultant and Analyst-level staff on Compensation-focused engagements and related quality assurance of work produced
- Working on multiple engagements from a lead or support role
- Participating in marketing initiatives
- Participating in business development processes
- Participating in product development specific to services within the Compensation service line
- Mentoring junior staff
- Continually developing your expertise and expanding your skillset
- Collaborating with other HSG service leaders to identify opportunities
- Balancing professional and personal commitments
- Contributing positively to HSG’s culture
- Other work and responsibilities as assigned
- Contributes expertise, insight, and analytical abilities to physician and advance practice provider (collectively “provider”) compensation engagements and client relationships to assist clients in addressing challenges and achieving compensation-related goals.
- Provides insight into provider compensation design as it relates to base compensation and incentives, including productivity (i.e., work RVU) and non-productivity (i.e., quality) incentives.
- Understands practice operations and billing for professional services and how factors of each impact and influence provider compensation model design, execution, and incentive measure selection.
- Understands provider compensation compliance issues, including fair market value and commercial reasonableness requirements and standards.
- Crafts and delivers communications with clarity and confidence to senior executive-level audiences.
- Shows willingness to act on problems or opportunities without prompting and looks for new solutions where appropriate.
- Shows intellectual curiosity with a desire to continuously improve by staying abreast of new developments in the field and applying this expertise to projects and initiatives
- Prioritizes efforts and workload by gathering the required information to determine the significance and urgency of specific tasks.
- Objectively analyze problems through an understanding of root problem and varying perspectives and create resolution through perseverance and open-minded thinking.
- Committed to quality and precision in all activities
- Work Experience – five-to-seven years of related experience, with a strong preference for experience related to healthcare management consulting, and/or healthcare physician compensation and complianceSignificant Experience and Demonstrated Expertise with Excel, Powerpoint, Word Required
- Significant Experience and Demonstrated Expertise with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep and Tableau Online strongly preferred
- Project management experience including the ability to manage multiple engagements and workstreams
- Requires excellent quantitative skills
- Requires superior written and oral communication skills
- Requires Bachelor’s degree
- Master in Business, Healthcare, Finance, Accounting or CPA Certification strongly preferred
Potential Role Progression within HSG’s Compensation Service Line
- Managing Director
- Senior Manager
- Senior Consultant (Non-Service-Line Dedicated)
- Consultant (Non-Service Line-Dedicated
- Senior Business Analyst (Non-Service Line-Dedicated)
- Business Analyst (Non-Service Line-Dedicated)
- This position is based out of HSG’s Louisville, KY headquarters.
- HSG offers a Hybrid Work model approach with limited requirements for in-office presence, which will be focused on initial onboarding and company events.
- Travel Required: Travel is typically light but can be up to 50%.
- Work is regularly performed in a combination of a home office and client settings and routinely uses office equipment.
- The work will require a productive home office environment and reasonable proximity to a commercial airport for work-related travel.
- Full-time; Exempt
Compensation and Benefits
- HSG offers competitive compensation packages including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive
- Medical/dental/life insurance, and 401(k).
HSG is committed to being an equal opportunity employer; considering applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, medical conditions gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected group status.
Please submit your resume by email to hrrecruiter@HSGadvisors.com with subject line: Application for Compensation Senior Manager.